Kubik Mediation Group
Chris H. Anderson, Mediator
Christopher H. Anderson has been practicing trial law since 1990. As a founding partner of the Seattle law firm of Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC. Mr. Anderson’s practice has focused in the areas of health care professional liability, including the representation of physicians, hospitals and other health care providers in medical malpractice litigation. Mr. Anderson has been rated as a Super Lawyer every year since 2003 and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell. In 2018-19, Mr. Anderson served as the Washington Chapter President of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Mr. Anderson was honored in 2020 as the Washington Trial Lawyer of the Year by the ABOTA Washington Chapter.
In the fall of 2019, Mr. Anderson joined the Kubik Mediation Group, changing the focus of his practice to the mediation of tort claims in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and other states in the US. Mr. Anderson is available to assist in the resolution of all types of tort claims. In July 2020, Mr. Anderson retired from the practice of litigation and focuses his entire practice on mediation.
Types of Cases Mediated/Arbitrated:
While this is a sampling of the type of cases that Chris mediates/arbitrates, Chris remains committed to working with all clients regardless of case size. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions regarding the type of matters that Chris handles.
Serious injuries; wrongful death; products liability; construction related accidents; section 1983 claims
Medical malpractice; legal malpractice; dental malpractice; other professional malpractice
1st and 3rd party commercial general liability; homeowners and auto; inter-insurance company disputes; PIP arbitrations; Insurance Fair Claims Act (IFCA); all types of tort cases with underlying insurance coverage disputes or bad faith allegations
Wrongful termination; EEOC matters; Sexual harassment claims; Hostile work environment; Age, Race, Disability and Religious Discrimination claims; Class Action Litigation
Emotionally Charged Disputes:
Cases of all sizes and kinds involving unique or challenging personality issues or volatile emotional components
· 30 year of trial law experience in State and Federal courts
· Representation of physicians, hospitals and clinics other health care providers in medical malpractice lawsuits.
· Representation of health care providers in licensing and disciplinary disputes before the Washington Quality Assurance Commission.
· Representation of physicians in hospital privileging disputes and in disputes with medical insurance companies over provider status.
· Representation of attorneys in legal malpractice lawsuits.
· Representation of corporations in product liability litigation, including claims related to construction machinery, bicycle components and helmets, pesticide and insecticide exposure, mobile home formaldehyde exposure, and other industrial products.
· Representation of manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of asbestos-containing products, including both insulation and brake products, in Washington and Alaska courts.
· 2015—Present Founding Member, Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC (FAVROS Law)
· 1997—2015 Founding Member, Fain Anderson & VanDerhoef, PLLC
· 1990—1997 Williams, Kastner & Gibbs, LLP, Seattle, WA
· University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington
· Graduated 1990, Summa Cum Laude; Law Review, University of Puget Sound 1988-1990 Note and Comment Editor, University of Puget Sound Law Review, 1989-1990
· University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1986
· BA, Political Science
Admission to Bar
· Washington State Courts
· Idaho State Courts
· U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
· U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
· U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
· Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
· President, Washington Chapter of The American Board of Trial Advocates, 2018-19.
· Member, American Bar Association 1997-present
· Former Vice-Chair, Medicine and Law Committee of the American Bar
· Association’s Trial and Insurance Practice Section
· Chair, Self Insurers and Risk Managers Committee of the American Bar Association’s Tort and Insurance Practice Section, 2001-2002
· Member, Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
· Member, Washington State Bar Association and Seattle-King County Bar Association
· Contributor, Washington Physician’s Guide To Health Law, published by the Washington State Medical Association, 1996.
· Author, “Defending The Corporate Client: Avoiding Sanctions In The Discovery Process,” published in the TIPS Committee News, Self Insurers and Risk Managers Committee, 1996.
· Author, “Legal and Strategic Considerations In Attorney Interviews of Company Employees,” presented at the American Bar Association sponsored Product Liability MegaConference, Boston, Massachusetts, October, 1995.